2 weeks ago we did an update that solved a lot of the issues and bugs that had shown up on IE and other browsers.
Today we’re back in “new features” mode with an update that among others ads the ability to limit the IM features for each member or member level in particular. This will allow you webmasters out there use the IM as an incentive for free members to upgrade to a paying plan (GOLD Membership for example).
We’re introducing 2 member level limits today with more on the way:
1. Ability to block the reading and sending of text messages
When a member has this limit applied he is not able to
- open the IM window to read his incoming messages
- open the IM window to send text messages to other users.
When such a member:
- clicks the REPLY BUTTON in the Conversations tab
- clicks the SEND IM BUTTON that shows up on member profiles
a Java Script function is called. You can edit that function to add your own UPGRADE message, action or image like we did in the image below:.
Website member being asked to upgrade when clicking the REPLY button.
2. Ability to block initiating video calls
When a member has this limit applied he is not able to initiate video calls. he is able however to receive video calls.
More information about how to enforce these limits is available in your account area on http://avchat.im .
Our AVChat IM integration kits have also been updated expose in the website admin area the ability to turn on/off these features for each user/member level in your website.
The Conversations Tab now contains all messages that have never been replied to
Until now if you sent a message to a user and that user had not replied yet, the one way conversation with that user was not shown in the conversations tab. We’ve just fixed that in this build.
The image above highlights a conversation that holds only one text message sent by me to the other person. These were not shown until now.
We’ve also improved our integration kits
The Joomla!, vldPersonals, Social Engine 3 and 4 and phpFox have all been updated with:
- New general options:
- Upgrade URL for when users click on an upgrade link in the IM
- a way to configure what CHAT image to use for when a user is idle, online or offline (one could have changed these images before this update, right now we’re just exposing the functionality in the admin back end)
General IM Settings for the Social Engine 3 integration kit
- Ability to allow or not access to some IM features (mentioned at the top) to each user/member level in your website
The screenshots above show the new options in the Social Engine 3 integration kit for AVChat IM.
The same options are available for the Social Engine 4, Joomla! and vldPersonals integration kits.