5 replies to this topic

#1 mmjr2000

mmjr2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

Hello,

Join rooms I feel like needs to be improved.  If you you set maxRoomsOneCanBeIn to let's say 1 and you have it set to where users go to a default room like the Lobby for example... User logs in, goes to room and because the maxRoomsOneCanBeIn is set to 1 they can't get in a new room until they close out the existing room... You guys should make it easier on people without having to make 100 steps to do what they want to do...

So if I'm only allowed 1 room and I click on another room it should take me to the new room by leaving the previous room automatically.

Example:

I log in and taken to default room: The Lobby. However I want to go to a different room so I go to rooms find the room I want to join I should be able to go to the new room while having it making me auto leave the current room I am in so I can get into the new room.

I shouldn't have to: Log in, close out of The Lobby, pick the room and join... A lot of users are used to being automatically transfered to the new room without having to leave the current room.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

#2 Octavian

Octavian

Founder and CEO

• Administrators
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

How would this mechanism work if for example you are allowed to join max 4 rooms?

When joining the 5th would you automatically leave the 1st one you joined?

#3 mmjr2000

mmjr2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I hate to bring up other chat companies but in 123 Flash Chat. If you set your max # of rooms to 1 and your default room is the Lobby, and when another user decides to leave the Lobby to go to Room 2, then it automatically leaves Lobby and enters Room 2. So instead of having to leave the Lobby then open up a new room the system does all the work.

However it works differently if you use max # of rooms to like: 4 - So the first room of course is Lobby, Room Two, Room Three, Room Four, when the user tries to enter Room Five they receive a message that they must close out of a room to access the new room as they have reached the current room limit.

But especially when max rooms is set to 1 there is no reason why a user should have to leave the room and find a new room when they can see the rooms list from the room they are in... I hope this makes more sense.

#4 connector

connector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

Hi

Also a good suggestion.

Max rooms can be in set to 1 or 2, 3, ,4 and when when a user enters "the lobby" and then enters a new room the lobby should be closed automatically when leaved.

And not that a users stays in the lobby.

So that user really leaves from the lobby.

Regards

#5 Octavian

Octavian

Founder and CEO

• Administrators
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

We just name it "The Lobby" in our demo and in the delivery files but there's no special lobby type of room. It's just a room like any other room that gets automatically joined. You can configure AVChat to drop users in more than 1 room when they connect or to not drop them in any room and just present the list of rooms to them.

#6 mmjr2000

mmjr2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

Hello,

I think I'm being misunderstood.

Let me go step by step.

1.) If you go to: http://www.ihearcu.com/chat/beta/

2.) Login as guest

3.) Go to General Chat

4.) At the top you see like: Rooms (2) - A user clicks on rooms and says I want to go from General Chat to another room when they click on that "other" room they are taken no where. The reason why they are taken no where is because it's set to Max Rooms = 1. So what I'm trying to say is a user shouldn't have to hit that (x) to close out of General Chat to get to the rooms list screen (again) and find that room (again). The chat should automatically know that the Max Rooms = 1 and when that users clicks on another room then it should take them to the new room by leaving the room they came from in this case is General Chat.

Otherwise the rest of the system works fine how it is with Multiple Rooms.

I hope that makes more sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users