• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 equirion

equirion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Sorry for my poor english. I usually speak french.

There is more than 200 users per room everyday in my chat. People want to chat with many people at the same time. With 200 users, its is hard to identify witch line in the chat is for you. It could be a lot easier if there was a sound (ding, pop, drang, ...) when your user name appear in a post. Sometime user are in a private chat, with that Ding in the main room user can know there is a message for him.

#2 Remus

Remus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 306 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

Interesting idea, but somehow that would require that the message contain your user name, otherwise the app cannot know who the message is addressed to in a public chat. So if a user does not a send a message using another's name, you would still have no way of knowing.

Private messaging is still the way to go if you wish to 'grab' a specific user's attention.

#3 equirion

equirion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

In AVChat, username is copied in msg textbox when we click on user avatar (in the chat area) . My users are using this function and are requesting a damn "ding" to notify this user. Maybe it can be like MIRC. They have a "Highlight" feature that highlight a line in the chat based on specific keyword (like username....).

Is there any javascript event I can trap to implement this thing by myself ?

Octavian told me about a possibility to use web socket in future version of avchat. Is it still in your planning ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users