2 replies to this topic

#1 Octavian

Octavian

Founder and CEO

• Administrators
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Here is a quick guide on how to use AVConference as an IM when using Red5 or AMS as media server:
  • turn off the users list: set hideUsersList to 1 in avc_settings.php or .asp < there will be only 2 persons in chat so there's no need for it.
  • now to group 2 people together just change the last part of the connectionstring dinamically based on who you want to connect with who using avc_settings.php/aspx/asp. like this: rtmp://yourmediaserver.com/avconference12/userA_userB .
  • if you have a website with member profile pages you can put a [Chat With Me] button on their profiles that another member (memberA) can click. When member A clicks such a button , AVConference should open in a pop up, connect to rtmp://yourmediaserver.com/avconference12/userA_userX and wait for the other user. Meanwhile a request for chat with a [Join Chat] button must be shown on the other user's side (you can do this easily by inserting a request in the database and searching for such requests on the other users side whenever he visits a page). You could also show the [Chat With X] button when X is actually online on the website.

#2 dwaynnyt

dwaynnyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for putting this up. Although I haven't tried this out yet, I bookmarked this page already for future use.

#3 cybervang

cybervang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:53 PM

Should make a plugin for this or an option. It sounds neat to be able to double duty this as that and chat at the same time simultanously.

I'm wondering if this could be another paid for 'MOD'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users