96 replies to this topic

#81 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

1. Option to "mute" the room, nobody's able to type but admins. This would be good for larger communities where you need everyone to take notice of a comment by an admin.

2. Server response. Someone types a common saying or word and the server repsonds with what ever reply you set.. for example "how do i start my cam?" the *cam?* is picked up and a response is given "You can start your webcam by clicking 'start your cam/mic' above the user list'

3. Bans stored to a log like the chat logs, so it's easier to transfer them to htaccess or cpanel when avchat upgrades or re-installed

#82 tweekin

tweekin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

I like your second request about the cam response but.. I would have it be a string of words together "how do i start my cam" as you said. Might be a lot of people just going, "Hey, look at my cam!". Then would be getting unneccessary directions.

You also could just use the room rotatory messages to post some "how-to" info.

#83 tweekin

tweekin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

I wish there was an option where audio is auto-streamed to everyone when a user comes into the room. I know there is that option now but the video streaming turns on also if its a video chat. So if there is a way we could have audio streaming automatically on but the user has an option to view the video stream separately that would be awesome!.

#84 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

rotary msg is kinda annoying, doesn't always show to people at the right time. This would fix that issue. Seen it being used in other flash applications to good effect

#85 tweekin

tweekin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

True. I think it could be a good idea if the server response is only viewed by who created the string too. I'm still pretty new to this kind of chat so if there is a "private message" in the room that displays a message to only that user but not in the private message tab that would work great. :)

#86 AL9000

AL9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHayden, AL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I would like:
-an 'invisibility' button so I can switch between modes without having to log out/in
-seperate admin and monitor permissions
-the NSFW works fine for uploaded pics...but when hotlinking pics, it only filters the pic for the person posting it. the people on the other end can see it automatically

#87 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

will close this topic... we can make a new one, for next other releases

#88 gkuhlmann

gkuhlmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

What I would like to see is an option to open uploaded files (images) via JavaScript, similar to the "viewProfileThroughJsApi" setting. That way I could decide whether to open an uploaded file in a popup window, or a "lightbox" type DIV (e.g. the excellent "Fancybox").
On my site the chat runs in a pop-up window, and a click on the "download" link opens the image in a new tab in the "main" browser window (at least in Firefox and Chrome), which is quite confusing.

#89 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

What i'd like to see

1) report button that alerts an email or fills a file with the users IP, time etc, so it can be looked into.
2) Better ban options. Considering the amount of times we have to re-install things on red5, it would be nice to have an easier way to export banned IPs. Maybe filling an xml or something
3) Better Ban options. Editable bans. Sometimes people ban quickly to get rid of someone but the name is in the ban panel. Would be nice to be able to edit the ban to remove common names etc
4) Admins being able to view more cams than users without requiring a whole new install. Will help with monitoring users.
5) Logs uploaded to site so we don't have to SSH into them.
6) Easier to setup auto joining of rooms so on the front end we can advertise more types of chatrooms without complex coding

With the Reporting and Logs, would be nice to include this in the AVM (which i think is awesome btw). Would make it easier to administrate.

#90 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

"Ban from channel" option. More than anything in the world.

#91 Red Hen

Red Hen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

is there a way to allow folks to visit my site and video chat by themselves then upload the video to my site? :rolleyes:

#92 dwaynnyt

dwaynnyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

I would like to see animated gifs and being able to do inline display.

#93 connector

connector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Maybe this is mentioned somewhere else but...
Admins and users should be able to copy and paste theire chathistory in a texteditor.
I don't mean the chathistory when you log on.
Other chatclients provide a chathistory button with a popup screen were all is able to copy into a document.

Thank in advance :)

#94 limehouse

limehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Maybe this is mentioned somewhere else but...
Admins and users should be able to copy and paste theire chathistory in a texteditor.
I don't mean the chathistory when you log on.
Other chatclients provide a chathistory button with a popup screen were all is able to copy into a document.

Thank in advance :)

This already an option I believe..

#95 Boccio

Boccio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Make that we can ban computer by MAC address or computer name.

#96 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Make that we can ban computer by MAC address or computer name.

will be so nice, if there was some way to ban ppl on dynamic ip's and not with cookies...

#97 marc120

marc120

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

i want control the max mic in public room please i want just 3 mic work in public no more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users