(Accidental double post. Deleted.)

#22 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

The same features requested for some time now!

Room Moderation Changes:
- Room creator becomes the 'admin' of created room. (Enabled / Disabled via avc_settings.php or integration.php)
- Room creator can delegate 'moderators' with limited administration settings. (Configured via avc_settings.php or integration.php)

Administration Changes:
- Adding additional administrators does not require a red5 restart.
- Preserving AVChat rooms does not require a red5 restart.
- Configuration variable to choose whether admins can be ignored or not. This is a requested feature by some members who are annoyed or do not get along with a few admins on my chat setup. It does seem bizarre, but if it isn't hard to code I would really like to give them the freedom to be able to block whoever they choose, myself included.

Style Changes:
- The default grey behind a users name in the userlist, as well as the mouseover color being a style.css controlled variable.
- The default grey behind the text entry / style (bold / italic / underline / font / youtube, etc) should be controlled via the style.css to allow chat owners styling customization relevant to their sites theme.
- The default blue borders around "Enter Chat" and "Send" (next to the chat entry box) should be controlled via the style.css as blue clashes with a lot of color themes (mine being green for example).
- The scrollbar backgrounds (userlist / chat) as well as the scrollbar itself should be controlled via a variable set in the style.css.
- Custom icon creation for each icon in the chat (Send gift, open profile, etc.)

Yes, this is quite a list. But beyond the moderation changes I don't imagine the styling changes would be overly difficult and would beautify the chat as well as help us separate our AVChat installations to the next one.

#23 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

i agree with them all

#24 Zeus

Zeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I agree with all

#25 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Profile popup for integrations, within chat. Some popular flash sites allow you to view a profile inside the chat.. i prefer profiles that you get with jomsocial but it would be nice to have basic info like;

Name
Profile picture (enlarged so you can actually see it)
Mood (selectable maybe)
Latest status.
Anything else.. not sure off the top of my head.

It would need each integrations developer to get involved but it would be a nice little addon

#26 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Room Layout Changes:
- A button to open a popup to display the chat "Rules". String can be changed in the language file.

Just another small request.

#27 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Working timestamps. Not sure if it applies to the new format or old format, but needs fixing

#28 eon

eon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

Now that chat remembers user selections such as colors and fonts, why not take it a step further?

Let the chat remember the arrangement of chat windows, to include the positioning of the last opened video streams.

My users tell me the most tedious thing to do upon re-entering the chat is to re-position all of the video streams, re-size / move the chat window, etc. The goal should be, basically, that if I leave chat and return, everything will be exactly as I left it.

#29 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

A way to find out who is connected to chat, not just usernames/IP. There are people about that can ghost chatrooms so it would be nice to be able to identify them and ban them, even if they're not in the visible chat list

#30 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Fix the token_verify.php security feature so that on Red5 you're able to set your server IP.just like the Allow list for FMIS with influxis

//ip: String or Boolean(false)
//description: The IP of the FMS/Red5/Woowza server making calls to this script. This is a security feature so that this script is only called by your media server.
//values: any ip as string:"127.0.0.1" OR false for disabled
//default: false
$ip = false;

#31 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Wondering if any updates are in the works Octavian?

#32 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

An option for admins to not always show on top of user lists. I don't allow admin icons because i feel it scares people off.. So it would be nice to have admins assume the normal order in the list.

#33 Rafa

Rafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Fix the token_verify.php security feature so that on Red5 you're able to set your server IP.just like the Allow list for FMIS with influxis

//ip: String or Boolean(false)
//description: The IP of the FMS/Red5/Woowza server making calls to this script. This is a security feature so that this script is only called by your media server.
//values: any ip as string:"127.0.0.1" OR false for disabled
//default: false
$ip = false;

RED5 and Wowza don´t have this kind of security like FMIS has.

Only FMIS can do this ... Restrict the SWF access from a specific IP.

This is a nice feature, that prevents hacked swf files to be loaded by MediaServer.

I have tried many times and different ways, but just FMIS do this ...

#34 chatznow

chatznow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

RED5 and Wowza don´t have this kind of security like FMIS has.

Only FMIS can do this ... Restrict the SWF access from a specific IP.

This is a nice feature, that prevents hacked swf files to be loaded by MediaServer.

I have tried many times and different ways, but just FMIS do this ...

Shame, would stop so many security holes.

#35 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Room Administration Changes:
- "Send to Admins" option in the chat for other Administration clients. This would make it possible for administrator's to communicate with other administrator's even if they aren't in the same channel on larger chat networks to best determine appropriate actions to take on people in violation of chat rules.

[ Send ] [ Send To Admins ]

"Send to Admins" will have the admin messages show up in the chat regardless of the channel prefaced by (Admin) in a font color we can choose in style.css.

(Enabled / Disabled via avc_settings.php or integration.php)

Room Layout Changes:
- "Actions" menu to replace the generic "Buzz" we are using right now. Actions / Icons can be specified through avc_settings.php. Even if this required making 10 placeholder variables in the settings / language file and people only used 1 or 2, having the option would be amazing.
- A placeholder variable in the side menu we can configure using our own data. Useful for display age or other custom variables on our communities when integrated. (Configured via avc_settings.php or integration.php)
- In addition to "Flags", 1 placeholder variable for us to add more customization to peoples user names in the chat. (Configured via avc_settings.php or integration.php)
- Removal of all blue "chrome" effects in the AVChat client. They look terrible and clash with most color schemes that aren't grey.

Can we expect an AVChat update any time soon? There are a lot of -amazing- features being requested in this thread. :)

#36 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

the possibility to add more than one icon to the "flags" settings...
like if you have validation, premium, flags and others, you can only add one, but if you could add more items, like an array of pictures, it would just add them all.

#37 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Client Changes:
- h.264 encoding as an option, or by default. Stickam.com did a revamp of their webcams and now a free service is putting out a quality that our codecs can't touch without a massive performance hit.

#38 eon

eon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Ability to specify in avc_settings file the default font color and style for users. Preferably using hexadecimal color codes. For example, #FFFFFF for white, plus settings for bold, itallics, etc.

This way, we could have some color other than black as the default color and choose a custom style for the default text!

Of course, the default would be overridden if the user has already chosen a color / font that is stored in a cookie.

#39 eon

eon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ability to set transparency levels for the various video stream controls when the mouse is not engaging the stream window.

For example, there are controls for volume, mute, toggle video, full screen. Those controls are always visible and are superimposed over the video stream.

We need to either be able to make these controls invisible until the mouse hovers over the video window or the controls should be moved down to a small panel that does not obstruct the view of the video.

#40 eon

eon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Ability to specify whether an admin has the ability to remove bans set by another admin.

Something like, 'AdminCanRemoveBansSetByOtherAdmins' in the avc_settings file.

If this is set to '0', then the admin can only remove a ban if they are the one who set it. To determine whether or not an admin is the one who set a ban, check either username or userid (make this an option that can be specified.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users