#1 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

as octavian just posted today, that they are gonna release the current beta build tomorrow, what do you think, should make it into the next build ?

i have a few suggestions which i think they should look alot into making it into the build

-persistant ban lists so that bans also works after a relog, possible intergrated with the cms systems.
-layout manager so that cams don't go on top of each other and maybee even split screen into more parts.
-Static rooms from room manager instead of needing to restart media server
-delete empty rooms, make the room creater join, so empty rooms will be deleted when set active
-fix sounds on messages so there always is a sound for the type of sounds enabled even if not in another than the active tab.
-make settings remembered so that if a person has been there before and set a color or some sound settings, it will remember that next time he/she logs in.

if anyone else have something they think should be added to this list of features that should be worked on, lets get them added...

#2 Octavian

Octavian

Founder and CEO

• Administrators
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

1. Pineed topic
2. Provide links to existing threads about the feature if possible

#3 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

ok... 3 things I would absolutely love to see implemented...

1. The ability to add more genders.

I currently have Male, Female, TV/TS as my options... i would love to add more to that selection as genders aren't as cut and dry as most people think...

2. The ability to select which rooms specific member levels can have access to.

For example, I have a premium members level, and a normal members level. Normal members don't have access to video or audio. But if you enabled this, people on the normal members would only have access to the 'lobby room' and all other rooms would have a padlock icon over them...

Currently the only way to do this is to add the 'drop in room' for that user level and disable the rooms list. Which works great but doesn't advertise the other rooms that premium members can have access to.

3. The ability to add more 'actions' than just 'buzz'.

I've already changed the 'buzz' feature to fit in with my website theme more, but would love to have the ability to add one or two more 'actions' to the list with corresponding sound effects.

4. The ability to change the standard grey, blue and yellow of the chat interface.

Currently the background, window borders and popout menus are skinnable using your style.css file... however the standard 'grey' that is on the full screen, as well as the buttons and 'yellow' highlighting for logged in user, and actions in the chat aren't skinnable... these are options i would love to be able to change as the grey and soft yellow really clash with my overall dark theme...

Those are the ones I can think of that would really make a difference ;)

M

#4 mikechat

mikechat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

1. Access or denial of access to a specfic room in avs_settings.php

2. Block function that remembers the blocked site-id's or IP address

3. More custom icons in userlist

4. Show part of IP to moderators/all users ie. 192.xxx.xxx.001 or even better a custom mask you can apply.

#5 odonel

odonel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

here are some for now, not sure if asked already in feature forum
  • I'd like to see the rooms button move in the menu list in the bottom so that the top can be disabled
  • I'd like to see users avatar in the chat area
  • how about soundFX
  • ability to make a user admin or a moderator in the chat... in other words, i click usera and set as a temporary mod if i am leaving the room
  • an admin erase button to clear the screen of all all users
  • blocked buzz, an ability to set yourself so that you do not receive any buzzes

#6 Octavian

Octavian

Founder and CEO

• Administrators
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Currently the background, window borders and popout menus are skinnable using your style.css file... however the standard 'grey' that is on the full screen,

Off the top of my head I think that grey can be changed by changing the background color in the embed code of the HTML page.

In the standalone version of AVChat the HTML file that embeds index.swf is index.html. If you open it in a text editor you can change the bgcolor value. You need to change it in 2 places:

<param name="bgcolor" value="#272727" />
and
bgcolor="#272727"

#7 Octavian

Octavian

Founder and CEO

• Administrators
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

2. Block function that remembers the blocked site-id's or IP address

Can you detail this? I think the ultimate feature you want is that if user A blocks user B, that block is still active when A logs in the chat a few days later.

#8 soct

soct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

This is a crucial feature needed: Room creator is automatically a "moderator" of the room they created

When a user (guest, member, etc) creates a NEW room (public or private) THEY become the moderator of that room with ability to kick other chatters (from that room they created)

Many websites such as tinychat stickam and other big players in the market have this ability.

Everyone loves to be "in charge" so having this feature really helps people enjoy opening their own room and allows the community to moderate itself (saves on moderation staff costs)

#9 Rafa

Rafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

This is a crucial feature needed: Room creator is automatically a "moderator" of the room they created

When a user (guest, member, etc) creates a NEW room (public or private) THEY become the moderator of that room with ability to kick other chatters (from that room they created)

Many websites such as tinychat stickam and other big players in the market have this ability.

Everyone loves to be "in charge" so having this feature really helps people enjoy opening their own room and allows the community to moderate itself (saves on moderation staff costs)

100% agree

#10 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

together with this, should make the room creater autojoin the room when creating a room...

#11 JLammi

JLammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Octavian mentioned a while ago they have a whole TODO list when it comes to room moderation. I really hope this is in a build soon as it is still a crucial founding point of the website I manage and independent moderation through Red5 restarts to update the avchat.properties to include new IP addresses for security reasons and Joomla usergroup changes have become a pain in the ass. Doable, yes. But time consuming.

#12 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

definately be able to mute a user thats a must

#13 Rafa

Rafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

definately be able to mute a user thats a must

Steve, you are able to mute am user microphone just clicking over the "MUTE" image on their webcam.

#14 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

mute means to stop them from typing
so they can't do anything in the chat room for 30 seconds or so
most mutes are automatic so once you click the mute button it stops them from doing anything and then after the 30 seconds or so it automatically lifts the mute and they can carry on

it's basically if someone is arguing or typing bad words etc you have an option of stopping them without removing them from the room
my site is generally made up of good ppl but occasionally they will get out of hand but not to the extent where they need removing, as i feel removing them is a last resort

#15 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

when is this next version being released?
and can the admin let us know what the features will be pls?

because if the features i want aren't in there and can't be implemented by a quick code change etc then unfortunately this chat isn't going to be what i'm looking for.

the more i play with it and keep getting told no sorry you can't do that the more i think OH
i suppose thats 1 good thing about the 30 day trial you find these things out before you commit yourself to spending a fair bit of money

#16 Dude

Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

It seems my chatters are becoming a bit impatient. They wonder where the message count is. A user told me at she was just closing private tabs, because she thought noone was writing.

For me, the following has priority for me in the next build :

1. Disable private chat option on ignore new private messages. Or somehow make chatters aware that the one they are writing to are ignoring private messages.
2. Message count on tabs
3. Moderation option for chatters own rooms

/Dude

#17 uniteradio

uniteradio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

function so that you can edit the chat text box & userlist size and have it load up as a default for users instead of having to use the red arrows to resize it, only to have it resize it self when someone leaves the chatroom or you move a box.

I'm sure i am not the only one here that would want this added to the script?

#18 odonel

odonel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

I am with you on that unite...

#19 Jesper

Jesper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

1. Disable private chat option on ignore new private messages. Or somehow make chatters aware that the one they are writing to are ignoring private messages.
2. Message count on tabs
3. Moderation option for chatters own rooms

1 and 2 should have been fixed and released as a bug fix already... really no reason to not release a bug fix version for this... only lazyness

and i must say, that there have been alot of lazyness or don't care attitude around this parts of the internet lately...

#20 wolfks

wolfks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

1 and 2 should have been fixed and released as a bug fix already... really no reason to not release a bug fix version for this... only lazyness

Sign!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users